Charles Barkley Respond To Scottie Pippen's Recent Comments: "It’s Really Unfortunate That You Are Taking Shots At Everybody"

(via CNN)
View the original article to see embedded media.

Scottie Pippen has made a lot of enemies over the past couple of weeks. He's taken shots at Kevin Durant, Michael Jordan, and even coach Phil Jackson.

But perhaps some of his most personal comments have come towards Charles Barkley, who was his teammate for a brief time in the Houston Rockets:

“I wish he woulda went through with it. I never apologized to him, but I’ll tell you what: He only got arrested for throwing some little white guys out of a window. I ain’t never seen him fight a Black man unless there were referees around. He plays his role like he’s tough. I don’t know nobody he done whooped. Go back and check his record. Did I apologize to him? I told him to get me the hell out of there. That’s what I recall,” Pippen told GQ.

 Barkley has been unfazed by Pippen's comments, but recently, he said that it was nothing more than a marketing stunt:

“Listen, Scottie, I have always liked you, we have never had cross words. I know you got a new book coming out. It’s really unfortunate that you are taking shots at everybody, myself included. But I am not going to respond. Alright, you wanna sell your book, bless you brother, good luck with your book. But just taking shots at Michael, myself. Oh, and you took shots at Kevin Durant, and LeBron and Phil," Barkley said on The Steam Room podcast, as quoted by Essentially Sports.

Now, Chuck doubled-down on his take by adding that what Pippen is doing is silly and stupid because he's old enough to know better:

"I'm disappointed in Scottie because he's burning every bridge. I know he has a book coming out. He's taking shots at Michael, Phil & myself. I'm just laughing because I'm like "Man, we're 60 years old, we don't have beefs anymore." I think it's silly and stupid," Barkley said on The Dan Patrick Show.

Truth be told, this is kind of surprising. Pippen was one of the most respected figures around the NBA until he decided to go nuclear.

Hopefully, this is just a publicity stunt and not what he truly thinks, although maybe that would only make things worst.


Post a Comment

0 Comments