Jae Crowder On The Text He Received After Signing With The Phoenix Suns: 'What Am I Doing? Why Are You Going To Phoenix? They Haven't Made The Playoffs In 10 Years.'

Credit: USATSI 
View the original article to see embedded media.

Jae Crowder is having a terrific season with the Phoenix Suns, playing in the NBA Finals for the second straight campaign after doing so with the Miami Heat in the infamous Orlando bubble. 

Crowder proved to be a terrific addition to this team, showing up at crucial moments, helping his team in a memorable playoff run. This season has been a fairytale for the Suns, but nobody believed in them before. 

After joining the team, he received a couple of texts criticizing his decision to join a team with a 10-year playoff drought. That didn't make much difference for the big man, as he knew something good would happen in Phoenix. 

“I look like a genius, I know I look like a genius a little bit with my decision,” Crowder told reporters after the Suns swept the Denver Nuggets in the second round, via Arizona Sports. “When I made the decision you should have saw how many text messages I got like, ‘What am I doing? Why are you going to Phoenix? They haven’t made the playoffs in 10 years.’

“I just feel like I know what type of group these guys were. I felt like they were hungry, they wanted to do some special things and I just wanted to be a part of it.”

He does look like a genius now. His Suns continued their good pace, beating the Los Angeles Clippers in six games, securing their participation in the NBA Finals for the first time since 1993.

It's been a while since this team last played for the NBA championship, but that's not a problem for the group. They have beaten the odds every round, and the goal is closer now. The Suns are on the verge of winning the title to close a magical season. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments