Anthony Davis On Evan Mobley: "Kind Of Has Some Of The Same Things I Had When I Was Coming Into The League... He Has The Potential To Be Very Good."

via Fadeaway World

View the original article to see embedded media.

Evan Mobley has been one of the bright spots for the Cleveland Cavaliers thus far, looking like a potential franchise player in the future. He has an extremely versatile offensive game for a big man, being able to score both on the interior and on the perimeter. His true value though comes from his defensive ability, which was highly touted even before he came into the league.

Anthony Davis is a player that Evan Mobley has been compared to extensively, simply due to their ability to impact both ends of the floor. According to Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com, an opposing player called Mobley "Anthony Davis reincarnated".

“He may just be Anthony Davis reincarnated,” an opposing player told cleveland.com earlier this week. “I hate when people compare too early, but this kid is something I haven’t really seen before.”

Davis himself spoke out on the comparisons between the two and stated that Mobley has "some of the same things" that he did when entering the NBA. Davis also noted that Mobley has "the potential to be very good" but cautioned that "it takes time" to get to that level.

He’s probably the same size I was coming into the league. Pretty skinny. Elite shot-blocker. Lob threat. Kind of has some of the same things I had when I was coming into the league. But probably shot it a little bit better than me.

His game is going to progress. He’s going to keep getting better and better. You see the potential to be a three-level scorer, watching film on him a little before the game. I seen him shoot the 3. He hit one tonight. I seen him hit the midrange and floaters. He’d go to the post a lot in the game I’ve watched. He has the potential to be very good. It takes time. But I don’t really compare myself to anybody.

It remains to be seen if Evan Mobley does become as good as Anthony Davis, and there's certainly a lot of work ahead for Mobley if he wants to reach Davis' level. However, what's clear is that the rookie is extremely talented.

Evan Mobley has been compared to other NBA stars even prior to getting drafted, such as Giannis Antetokounmpo and Kevin Durant. It remains to be seen if he does reach those heights, but being compared to 3 future Hall of Famers is undoubtedly a good thing. Hopefully, we see Evan Mobley realize his potential in the future.


Post a Comment

0 Comments