Draymond Green: “Can I Also Say How Satisfying It Has Been To Watch The Game Of Basketball Without All Those Bulls--t Calls?"

Golden State Of Mind

View the original article to see embedded media.

While some NBA players are struggling with the new foul rules, voicing frustration with the new regulation, others embrace it and enjoy the game again. This is not only better for defenders but people watching games at home. 

Even other players have expressed their happiness with these rules and how they've made the game more fluid. One of those is Draymond Green, who had already stated he was happy with the rules, but now, as a fan, he's really enjoying what the NBA did with these rules. 

Strange and non-basketball plays are no longer called fouls, making life better for everybody, except the players struggling to get things going. The Golden State Warriors star recently showed his happiness over this, even saying big words in the process. 

Via NBC Sports:

“Can I also say how satisfying it has been to watch the game of basketball without all those bulls--t calls?" Green said. "I'm sorry. I'm not supposed to curse in interviews, right? Can I say how satisfying it is to watch the game without all those terrible calls? That guys [are] cheating the game and grabbing guys and getting the foul. I've been really enjoying watching basketball this year.

"I kind of had stopped watching the NBA a bit because it was too much flailing and flopping and guys cheating the game to get free throws. I think that's been great and I would be remissed if I didn't mention that. I think that has been fantastic."

Stephen Curry agreed with teammate Draymond Green, explaining he had to adapt his game after not getting these calls during the preseason.

“It's obviously way better to watch…I used to like them when it worked out for you. The first preseason game, I tried to draw a foul. You just get rid of that impulse. Figure out what other options you have. It's great for the game.”

This is the start of a new era in the NBA. After a couple of seasons seeing players getting advantage of these rules, things are changing. Players like James Harden, Trae Young, Damian Lillard, and more are having trouble getting as many calls as they used, but that's part of the game's evolution. They need to adjust and try to score differently, or will live a nightmare all season long. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments