Steph Curry Says Watching The Bubble Was 'The Lowest Point' Of The Past Two Years

Forbes

View the original article to see embedded media.

After winning three Championships in five years, the Golden State Warriors took a nose dive down the standings. In wake of Kevin Durant's departure, and a major injury to Klay Thompson, Golden State was unable to keep up with their previous track record of excellence.

Over the next two years, the Warriors would become a shell of themselves, and Steph Curry was forced to watch as his competitors chased a Championship without him,

In a recent chat with Yahoo! Sports, the 2x MVP explain just how tough that stretch of time was for him:

“Watching the bubble was the lowest point of those two years,” Curry told Yahoo Sports. “There was a part of me that felt it was nice to get refreshed, and a part of me really missed playing on that stage. That was the first time in seven years of not being in the playoffs. We know each player had their own experiences in the bubble, but I would have loved to have been there competing. I would say that was the lowest point in terms of my basketball experience because I felt so far away from it. This is what I love to do.”

After achieving so much greatness, it couldn't have been easy for Steph to rack up those losses. It's those losses, however, that ultimately helped spark Curry's run this season.

“It got to me a little bit because you're so used to performing in certain times of the year,” Curry said. “You understand the chatter or the narratives of the league when it's at the highest stage, but for me, it’s more so just the competitive nature. You remember how much fun it is. I know the bubble was different, but you’re watching teams that you know everything about. That was hard because we know what it’s like to prepare for the playoffs and into a championship chase and how much fun that is. That’s the motivation I needed. That’s why I’m enjoying the ride we’re on now, and we’re not done.”

Even without Klay Thompson and James Wiseman, the Warriors are playing like the best team in the NBA. They're 18-2 and at the top of the league in almost every statistical category.

While the season is still young, it's safe to say that Steph Curry and his crew are back at the top of the food chain, and they're enjoying every minute of it.


Post a Comment

0 Comments