Udonis Haslem Slams Inside The NBA Hosts: "I Would Tear Their A** Up."

This might be Udonis Haslem's last season in the NBA, but the veteran still has the competitive fire in him — one that he proved when he slammed TNT's 'Inside the NBA' hosts that includes former NBA stars, Shaquille O'Neal and Charles Barkley.

Speaking to Andscape's Marc J. Spears, Haslem shed light on his 24-point performance against the Orlando Magic on April 9 this year."Oh, hell, yeah. Listen, I couldn’t wait. I read. I hear all the comments, and even some of my peers, every now and then they got jokes to crack. But I bust their a** too." 

He further added: Some of the guys that sit up in there behind them suits at TNT and they got jokes, I would tear their a** up." 

"I ain’t up here smoking cigarettes and eating chicken. I’m getting work done, man. That’s what I try to tell people all the time. What people don’t understand is the reverse effect of this is, if I’m not in shape and if I can’t compete, then [my teammates] don’t listen to me. If I can’t do this, they going to be like, ‘Man, OK, respectfully, OG, we love you, but get your a** out of here.'"

Haslem has been a regular feature for the Heat, although his minutes have drastically declined over the years. But what he does on the sidelines was something the Heat players strongly vouch for.

To lend perspective, the likes of Donovan Mitchell and Damian Lillard notched 71 points in a single game this season — a far cry from Haslem's collective 76 in five years.

As far as his value to the team is in focus, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra sums it up perfectly. According to FanNation: “I love having him lead and mentor every single day," he said. "I think his genius is the fact that he’s developing mentors around him, the next round of mentors, the guys who will be caretakers for this culture and help bring along other guys."


Udonis Haslem Explains Why It Was The Right Time To Retire

In the same interview, Haslem told Spears why it was the right time to retire after 20 decorated years in the NBA.

"I just think it’s time. I’ve given all that I can give, but I’ve also lost so much," he said. "I’ve lost time. Things that I don’t get back. I lost both my parents. So, in the midst of doing so much giving, and it’s been amazing, I’ve lost so much time. And I lost so many things that I can’t get back."

"And I’m just getting to the point where I’m realizing all the people that have sacrificed for me to be in this position. The reality is I won’t have them forever. And I think it’s time to start giving back to those people."

Haslem's comments come amid what has been a dream run for the Heat this season as they are one win away from making the NBA Finals. But they are feeling the heat as the Boston Celtics have clawed their way back from a 3-0 deficit. Only time will tell if the side can give Haslem the perfect send-off.

We sincerely appreciate and respect you as a reader of our site. It would help us a lot if you follow us on Google News because of the latest update.

Thanks for following us. We really appreciate your support.


Post a Comment

0 Comments